Sunday, July 20, 2014

2014 Topps Allen & Ginter #105 Cole Hamels

Phillies 2, Braves 1
Game 97 - Saturday Night, July 19th in Atlanta
Record - 43-54, 5th Place, 10 games behind the Braves and Nationals

One Sentence Summary:  Cole Hamels pitched a gem and Jimmy Rollins provided a two-run home run as the Phillies downed the Braves, 2-1.

What It Means:  It was fun to watch Hamels pitch this ballgame.  If was even funner once Rollins hit his two-run home run.

What Happened:  Hamels no-hit the Braves through 4 2/3 innings and he'd finish after seven innings having allowed only one run on four hits.  Hamels struck out nine.  Ken Giles continued his solid work out of the bullpen with a scoreless eighth and Jonathan Papelbon closed it out with a five-pitch save.

Featured Card:  I've opened my first packs of this year's Allen & Ginter cards, and I've already ordered and received the complete Phillies team set.  It's another nice offering from Topps, but I get the feeling I've already seen all the photos used for the Phillies cards multiple times.  The sole exception is the Hamels card, which features a photo I don't think I've seen before on cardboard.

No comments: