Wednesday, July 30, 2014

2014 Chachi #52 Aaron Altherr


#40
Aaron Samuel Altherr
Outfield

Bats:  Right  Throws:  Right  Height:  6'5"  Weight:  220
Born:  January 14, 1991, Landstuhl, Germany
Home:  Buckeye, AZ
Drafted:  Selected by the Phillies in the 9th round of the June 2009 draft
Teams:  Phillies 2014
Acquired:  Via draft

Phillies Cards in My Collection:
#1 - 2011 Bowman Chrome Prospects #BCP112

In addition to the cards above, I have six minor league cards of Altherr in my collection.

First Chachi Card:  2014 Chachi #52

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd seen Altherr's name on prospect lists, and it caught my eye because "Alt Herr" is German for "Old Gentleman"... But I didn't realize he was actually born there. I did some searching and found out that his mother is an American who was stationed in Germany, his father was a former professional German soccer (aka Fussball) player. Cool beans!

Jim said...

You know, when I typed in that he was born in Germany, I meant to dig a little deeper into that. And now I don't have to!

This also made me think of Steve Jeltz, who I believe was born in Paris.