Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Phun Cards Have Arrived from @phungo2008!

2014 Phungo #6
Rangers 3, Phillies 2
Game 2 - Tuesday Night, April 1st in Arlington
Record - 1-1, Tied for 3rd Place, 1 game behind the Marlins

One Sentence Summary:  The Rangers walked off with a 3-2 win after relievers Mario Hollands and B.J. Rosenberg couldn't escape the ninth inning.

What It Means:  The Phillies should have saved some runs from Monday's opener.

What Happened:  With the score tied 2-2 heading into the bottom of the ninth, manager Ryne Sandberg elected to bring in Hollands to face the potent Rangers line-up . . . in his Major League debut.  Hollands walked two of the three batters he faced and yielded to Rosenberg who promptly allowed the game-winning hit to Adrian Beltre.

Sandberg's line-up was notable as it featured Ryan Howard not batting clean-up for the first time since June 29, 2008.  The card featured here is now the newest Howard card in my collection - see below.

A.J. Burnett made his Phillies debut, allowing a run on seven hits in his six innings of work.

2014 Phungo #10, #43, #25 and #28
Featured Cards:  I had a pleasant surprise when I arrived home from work on Monday night.  Waiting for me on the kitchen counter was my first pack of this year's offering from Team Phungo.  It seems like it was only November when I was opening my last pack of Phungo cards.  Time sure does fly!

As is usually the case with any pack of Phungo cards, this pack contained a selection of cards from the 2014 Phungo set as well as a number of fantastic newish and older Phillies cards that will find their way into my collection.  By far, this is one of the best packs I'll probably open all year.

And I'm particularly happy to have an authentic Ringo Starr Phungo card now in my collection!

Memory Lane

1 comment:

Steve F. said...

Hopefully Cody Asche starts at third base from now on rather than Jayson "Don't call me Laynce or Werth" Nix.