Wednesday, September 15, 2010

2010 Topps 206 #87 Cole Hamels

Phillies 2, Marlins 1
Game 146 - Tuesday Night, September 14th in Miami

In which I conduct a sleep-deprived self-interview with myself.

Did I watch this game? 
Yes.  Yes, I watched most of this game.
 
Do I remember anything from this game? 
Very little.  I think it rained a little during the game.  Cole Hamels struck out a lot of Marlins.  [13, tying him with Roy Halladay's 201 for the team lead.]  Did a robot run onto the field at some point?

No.  There was definitely no robot incident.  You seem completely out of it.  Why is that? 
Fatigue from work.  The game was on TV when I finally plopped into my chair around 9ish (10ish?) on Tuesday night.  I had only enough energy to tune to the game on the radio and mute the TV broadcast.

Care to explain the reasoning behind that? 
My nerves are a little frayed right now.  And Tom McCarthy's pithy banter with Chris Wheeler makes me angry for some strange reason.

I see.  Do you recall how the Phillies scored their two runs? 
I honestly have no idea.

Placido Polanco doubled home Shane Victorino in the first.  The same duo reached and stole 2nd and 3rd in the 5th and came around to score on a Jayson Werth groundout. 
That's great!  At least Werth didn't go down on a check-swing strikeout to end the inning, like usual.  Are you sure there wasn't some sort of robot mishap?

I'm positive.  Are you aware Brad Lidge pitched a perfect 9th and the Phillies now have a 2-game lead in the NL East with 16 games to play?
...

Hello?  Oh never mind.  We'll try this again tomorrow.  Get some sleep.

1 comment: