Thursday, July 8, 2010

Reds at Phillies: July 8th through July 11th

Thursday, Friday & Saturday 7:05, Sunday 1:35

Records: Reds 49-37, 1st Place in NL Central (3 games ahead of the Cardinals); Phillies 43-40, 3rd Place in NL East (6 games behind the Braves)

1999 UD Choice Mini Bobbing Head #21 Scott Rolen

I knew Scott Rolen was having a great year, but I was still caught off guard when the MLB Network had a segment discussing the early picks for the NL MVP and Rolen's name came up several times.  His average has dipped below .300, but he's among the top ten in both home runs (17) and RBIs (57) so far this year.  He's also served as a team leader for the first place Reds.  Rolen will join teammate and fellow ex-Phillie Arthur Rhodes in Anaheim for the 2010 All-Star Game. 

Reds Probables: Johnny Cueto, Mike Leake, Travis Wood, Matt Maloney
Phillies Probables: Kyle Kendrick, Joe Blanton, Roy Halladay, Cole Hamels

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to nitpick, but the Reds at this point are up by 3 games over the Cardinals.

And yes, I'm savoring it all I can...

John Sharp said...

I really enjoy coming to this page, even though I'm not a Phillies fan.

I like your passion for the Phillies, and how you incorporate cards into the nightly Phillies talk.

Love the reference to John Wockenfuss, a former Tiger of the 1970s'80s.

Jim said...

I'd savor it too - I'm envious. (I fixed it. I think I had drafted this post back when it was still 2.5 games.)

Jax - Always happy to honor the great 'Fuss.