Monday, January 25, 2010

1978 O-Pee-Chee Phillies from GCRL

1978 O-Pee-Chee #42 Greg Luzinski & #170 Steve Carlton

Not only did I get to open my first packs of 2010 Topps on Friday, but I also had the pleasure of receiving a jam-packed 400-count box of Phillies cards from the man behind the garvey cey russell lopes blog and the new O-Pee-Chee blog. It was a good day for baseball cards.

The box contained a healthy helping of Phillies base, insert and memorabilia cards from 1978 through 2009. It also included a nice stack of 2009 Upper Deck cards needed to help towards the conclusion of this never-ending set quest. It will take me a while to sort through and fully appreciate the cards, and I'll share a few more of my favorites throughout the week.

Featured here are the first two 1978 O-Pee-Chee Phillies cards in my collection, in all their French glory.

Thanks again Jim and I hope you enjoyed the '71 Topps cards I sent your way!

No comments: