Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2008 Chachi #79 World Series Game 4/Ryan Howard

World Series Game 4 - October 26, 2008
Phillies 10, Rays 2

From the Phillies.com report of the game: The Phillies are on the verge of winning their first World Series title since 1980 after they beat the Rays in Game 4 behind the arm and bat of Joe Blanton, who became the first pitcher to hit a Fall Classic homer since 1974. In the blowout, Ryan Howard launched two homers, a three-run shot in the fourth and a two-run blast in the eighth.

Joe Blanton: "I'm not a hitter. I'm just going to close my eyes and swing as hard as I can, just in case I make contact."

Ryan Howard: "That's the kind of stuff you dream of when you're a teenager. Getting to the game, obviously, you want to win, but being able to do something like that, and just to help my team win, it's a great feeling."

Charlie Manuel, on Ryan Howard: "He's a carrier. And a carrier is somebody that can take your team and get the big hits and knock in runs, and he can put you on your back and he can carry you. And that's one of my favorite statements."

No comments: