Wednesday, May 13, 2009

2008 Chachi #70 NLCS Game 2/Shane Victorino

NLCS Game 2 - October 10, 2008
Phillies 8, Dodgers 5

From the Phillies.com report of the game: If L.A. thought it had to be worried about Brett Myers on the mound, well, it should have been concerned about his bat; that's where he did his most damage. Along with Shane Victorino's four RBIs, the righty drove in three runs to give the Phils a 2-0 edge over the Dodgers. In the clubhouse after the big win, however, it was two losses that weighed on the minds of the team as the coaches and players mourned the passing of June Manuel, Charlie Manuel's mother, and Irene Victorino, Shane Victorino's grandmother.

Shane Victorino: "Maybe she helped me make that catch. It's definitely an emotional time."

Brett Myers on Charlie Manuel: "I went up to him as I was getting ready for the game. I told him, 'I'm going to win this for your Mom today.' So it was in the back of my mind, for sure. But he's been so good to us. We've got to show him some love, too."

Brett Myers on the pitch thrown behind Manny Ramirez:"I tried to throw it too hard. It slipped -- the balls were a little slippery."

Jenna and Jim enjoyed the game from Section 144, behind Pat Burrell and Manny Ramirez.

No comments: