Wednesday, May 13, 2009

2008 Chachi #71 NLCS Game 3/Benches Clear

NLCS Game 3 - October 12, 2008
Dodgers 7, Phillies 2

From the Phillies.com report of the game: Game 3 had a little bit of everything, including a benches-clearing incident, but in the end, the result didn't translate into a commanding NLCS lead for veteran left-handed starter Jamie Moyer and the Phillies, who couldn't overcome a Dodgers five-run first.

Charlie Manuel, discussing Moyer's struggles: "They hit some balls hard, and it also seemed like everything they hit went through for a hit. We got behind quick."

Shane Victorino: "Someone was bound to get hit on our team. We knocked down [Russell] Martin twice and threw behind [Manny Ramirez by] Brett [Myers on Friday]. The situation called for it. Just don't throw at my head. That's what I told Russell. I said, 'If you're going to hit me hit me, hit me anywhere else. That's all I ask. We'll leave it at that.'"

2 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

I would have loved to see those types of captions on the Topps cards of the 70s!

Dan said...

I was at this game in LA. Dodgers fans booed Victorino every time he appeared on the field after that. Plus 5 got tossed out of my section for throwing beer and peanuts at Phillies fans walking up and down the stairs. All I did was hold up 2 fingers. (Not what you think, for the 2-0 series lead)