Tuesday, May 5, 2009

1996 Leaf Signature Autographs #NNO Ricky Bottalico AU

Ricky Bottalico is currently working for Comcast Sportsnet as a pre-game and post-game Phillies analyst. I'm going to get this right out of the way: I think he does a great job. Maybe not as great as John Kruk or (surprisingly) Mitch Williams, but I enjoy Ricky's commentary and insight into the game.

In 1996, Ricky was the lone Phillies All-Star representative when Veterans Stadium hosted the Mid-Summer Classic. He pitched with the Phils from 1994 until 1998, and again from 2001 until 2002, saving a total of 78 games.

This 1996 Leaf card was (I believe) one of the first full-fledged insert sets featuring an on-card autograph of the player pictured.

1 comment:

Pop-Pop said...

I also enjoy him as an analyst...very knowledgeable and insightful...Rickey BO