Thursday, January 27, 2011

1953 Bowman Color #103 Del Ennis

Growing up in South Jersey, two of my Dad's favorite Phillies were Dick Sisler and Del Ennis.  It's impossible to post a baseball card of either of these players and not think of him.

In my recent post on the 1953 Topps Phillies baseball cards, I gave a slight edge to the 1953 Topps set over the 1953 Bowman Color set.  Featured here is the one and only Phillies card from the 1953 Bowman Color set currently in my collection - a near perfect baseball card of Phillies' slugger Del Ennis with the sun on his face and blue skies in the background.

As a nine-year-old, my Dad undoubtedly pulled this card from a new pack, smiled, and then promptly stuck it in his bicycle spokes.


Happy birthday to my Dad today, without whom . . .

No comments: