Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1989 Topps #418 Bob Dernier

Happy birthday Bobby D.!

There was a time, when I was a younger lad, when I would send Bob Dernier a birthday card every year in care of the Phillies (and later the Cubs.) More often than not, he'd send me back a personalized, autographed picture.

I've read quite a few blogs recently about success stories with through the mail autograph requests. If anyone could point me in the direction of a good address to use to send Bob a quick note, and perhaps a few cards to sign, I would appreciate it.

If you're not fully aware of Bob Dernier's career accomplishments, please check out his Baseball Reference page.

3 comments:

Pop-Pop said...

I remember his inside the park hr

deal said...

I am pretty sure Dernier is still working for the Cubs Minor league system. I saw him on a WGN Cubs game interview either last yr or in 08.

Jim said...

I also remember the inside the park home run well . . . One of the true highlights of the late '80s Phillies!

Phungo - Thanks for the information. I'll try to go that route to reach him.