Wednesday, October 14, 2009

2009 Chachi #71 Phillies NLDS Clincher HL

A few of my favorite quotes from the clinching NLDS Game 4:

Jimmy Rollins: "We have belief and belief goes further than momentum."

Jayson Werth, on the team’s mindset prior to the 9th inning: "I came running off the field with the thought that we were going to win the game, and when I got in the dugout, everybody was on the same page. Everybody was cool, calm and collected, I guess you could say. Everybody knew what we had to do, and we did it."

Ryan Howard, to his teammates, prior to the start of the 9th inning: "Get me to the plate, boys."

Jimmy Rollins, after being reminded no National League team had won back-to-back World Series since the Cincinnati Reds in 1975 and 1976: "Maybe they’ll call us the Little Red Machine."

No comments: