Wednesday, September 30, 2009

2005 Chachi #63 Checklist 1-63

2010: A Chachi Odyssey, Part 5

I topped off the entire inaugural set with the only respectable way to end any good baseball card set - with a checklist. Sets followed in 2006, 2007 and the magical year of 2008. We moved out of The Crick in 2006, we welcomed Doug to our little family, The Phillies Room got a new (and better) home and the Phillies Wall continues to be updated year-round. Earlier this year, I took the plunge into the blogosphere and decided to share my creations with folks who would appreciate the home-made baseball cards a little more than the casual observer.

Which brings us to today. After my moving soliloquy, the 2010 Chachi Set Planning Committee is now ready to commit and forge ahead with picking a past Topps design to host the 2010 Chachi set. The following designs have been previously used and as such are out of contention for the 2010 set: 1975 Topps, 1976 Topps, 1977 Topps, 1980 Topps and 1981 Topps. Over the next few posts, we'll share the 2010 Chachi set rejects as well as the finalists for the 2010 set. A poll may appear, consideration will be given to comments received and the final design will be chosen at some point before the end of the 2009 Postseason.

That's right. I make my own baseball cards.

4 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

The checklist is a very nice touch.

Word verification: gropin

night owl said...

You've come to the right place with those baseball-card making skills.

CK said...

You ready for the NL East Division title tonight??!! I am fired up! Let's go Fightin's!

My favorite design is the '83 Topps, so I would suggest that one. Plus, you'd get to do a little headshot photo on each card. And you could make Super Vets cards, not only for the Phillies (it'd be kinda cool for guys like Moyer and Pedro - if they're both still on the team) but you could have one for your dog, too.

Other favorite designs of mine include '84 Topps, '85 Topps and '82 Topps.

Jim said...

Thanks Matt and Night Owl!

CK - I'm ready to get this thing over with. Let's clinch tonight. I'm with you on the '83 Topps design . . . Stay tuned.