Pirates 5, Phillies 1
Game 99 - Saturday Night, July 20th in Pittsburgh
Record - 51-48, 3rd place, 7 1/2 games behind the Braves
One Sentence Summary: The Pirates, wearing throwback monochrome black uniforms to celebrate their 1979 team, held the Phillies offense to three singles in this 5-1 loss.
What It Means: The Phillies have not won three in a row since the end of June.
What Happened: The offense couldn't solve Joe Musgrove and three Pirates relievers. Phillies starter Zach Eflin went four innings, allowing three runs on five hits.
Featured Card: Doug and I made the trip to Havertown on Saturday afternoon to Carl's Cards & Collectibles as Phillies greats Willie Montanez and Greg Luzinski were appearing to sign autographs. Full disclosure here, I was more interested in meeting Montanez than Doug was but he agreed to make the trip with me and he was a good sport posing for a picture with the former outfielder.
|2019 Choice Rochester|
JD Hammer was sent back down to the IronPigs to make room for Morin and Seranthony Dominguez was moved to the 60-day injured list.
Arrived During the 2019 Season
- Jay Bruce - of (6/2/19) - Acquired from the Seattle Mariners with cash considerations for Jake Scheiner.
- Brad Miller - inf (6/13/19) - Purchased from the New York Yankees.
- Fernando Salas - rhp (6/13/19) - Signed as a free agent formerly with the Acereros de Monclova of the Mexican League.
- Mike Morin - rhp (7/20/19) - Acquired rom the Minnesota Twins for cash considerations.
- Aaron Altherr - of (5/12/19) - Selected off waivers by the San Francisco Giants.