Saturday, April 27, 2019

Game 26 - 2018 Topps #621 Jerad Eickhoff

Phillies 4Marlins 0
Game 26 - Friday Night, April 26th in Philadelphia
Record - 14-12, 1st place, 1/2 game ahead of the Mets

One Sentence Summary:  Jerad Eickhoff pitched seven scoreless innings and the Phillies relied solely on the long ball for their offense in this 4-0 win.

What It Means:  The Mets lost, meaning the Phillies traded places with them again in the N.L. East standings.

What Happened:  Eickhoff allowed only two hits in his outing, striking out six.  J.T. Realmuto (4), Maikel Franco (7) and Bryce Harper (6) all homered in the win.

Featured Card:  This is Eickhoff's card from the second series of last year's Topps flagship set.  To date, his only 2019 baseball card can be found within the team-issued photo card set.

Field Report:  Jenna and I should have been at this game, but the weather and the wear and tear from the past week kept us home.  Instead of using our two tickets, we bet on the game getting washed out and we opted to watch a movie instead.  We bet incorrectly and the game started after a 93 minute rain delay.  Not that I wasn't rooting for Eickhoff to throw a no-hitter, but I was secretly relieved when Jorge Alfaro singled to start the fifth.

Transactions:  Designated for assignment on Wednesday, James Pazos was traded to the Rockies on Friday for minor league infielder Hunter Stovall.  I expect we'll see Stovall playing for the Lakewood BlueClaws this summer.

1 comment:

Steve F. said...

I had two good tickets (18 rows from the Phillies on-deck circle) thanks to a friend who couldn't make it, so I didn't want to let those go to waste. But my son didn't want to go because of the cold, damp, late night, so I took my city-dweller cousin. I didn't leave my house until 8:00 and we got to our seats just after Realmuto's first inning HR. It was a fun atmosphere, if a little empty. Pat Neshek gave a little scare there in the 9th but buttoned down the shutout. In the postgame interview of Eickhoff, I am there on camera the whole time poking my head out just behind his left ear! First time I did that. You can't hear a thing, and all the people standing back there are doing so just to be on TV!