Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chase Utley, Fenway Park and Scavenger Hunts

2011 Topps Opening Day Spot the Error #4, 2011 Topps Ruby Red #THP7, 2011 Topps Triple Threads #16,
2011 Topps Opening Day #90, 2011 Topps Lineage #30 and 2011 Bowman Platinum #94

The deadline for entering the Fourth Annual Section 36 Scavenger Hunt is just a few short days away.  While I could definitely submit a picture of a Red Sox Player, I'm a little embarrassed to submit only one entrant into the contest.  I'm also the proud owner of several official Section 36 scorecards, but I have yet to use any of them in game action.

I was a little disappointed to see one particular item missing from the list this year.  If one of the items on the list had been - Display as many 2011 Topps baseball cards as possible featuring Chase Utley at Fenway Park on June 13, 2010 - I would have totally nailed that one.  As it is, I'm left to plug this cool contest on my blog and anxiously await the announcement of this year's winner.

And as much as I debated sending a picture of myself in my Red Sox bikini, saner heads prevailed and I'll keep the output from that particular photo shoot to myself, thank you very much.

2 comments:

Section 36 said...

It was crazy the number of times I pulled an Utley this year and though...he plays in the NL, right? They're all at Fenway!

Thanks for the plug. Any and all entries are welcomed. (I don't recall it saying how the scorecard needed to be used.)

Matthew Appleton said...

When writing my post for the cards of the year, it became clear that other photos were taken at that game -- I identified at least two more. I'll have to look closely at all my 2011 Topps cards to see if there more.