Friday, January 1, 2010

1991 Topps #186 Rod Booker

I'm proud to report two major accomplishments on this first day of the decade:

1. I finally cleaned out our basement crawl space. Carpet remnants, old PVC piping, unused chair rail and other unmentionable funk was cleaned out and kicked to the curb. I'm happy to have additional storage space and I can finally cross off item number one on my home improvement to-do list from 2006.

2. I joined Facebook. I'm fairly certain the last two people in the world without a Facebook page were my Aunt Edna and me, and I don't put it past Aunt Edna to set something up before her 96th birthday. I immediately received several friend requests from high school and college friends, so I'm looking forward to catching up with people with whom I should have never lost touch.

To anyone who stumbles across this blog via the link from my Facebook page, welcome. I started this humble little blog last March as a way to post and share Phillies baseball cards from my collection. Along the way, I've posted about fond memories of collecting with my Dad, I've shared memories of rooting for the Phils with my Pop-Pop and I've written about the day-to-day adventures of my 3-year-old son Doug. If my Facebook page lies dormant for a day, or a week, or a month, this is where I'll be.

(Get, it? Rod Booker? This would have been much more effective had Roy Face ever played for the Phillies.)

No comments: