Sunday, September 27, 2009

2008 Upper Deck World Series Champions #PP-42 Pat Burrell

Friday night - Brewers 8, Phillies 4

I'm often hesitant to post anything following a Phillies loss. More often than not when I re-read these posts, they come off as cranky and whiny, which I guess is just an accurate reflection of my mood at the time.

I watched most of Friday night's game, but I didn't hear much of it. On Friday night, in Doug's words, there was "a lot of work people here." I hosted my annual end of busy season get-together and the din of our guests drowned out most of the carnage from the game. Cliff Lee did not pitch well and Brad Lidge gave up yet another run in an inning of mop-up work. The only positives from the game were Ryan Howard's three RBI and back-up catcher Paul Hoover's two hits in his Phillies debut.

Flashback: The Phils were experiencing better times during their last visit to Milwaukee in October 2008. On October 5, 2008, Pat Burrell's two home runs led the team to its first NLCS berth since 1993. And for the record, the Chachi card commemorating this event is better than Upper Deck's. Just saying.

No comments: