Thursday, July 12, 2018

Game 91 - 2018 Phillies Team Issue 2 #28 Vince Velasquez

Mets 3, Phillies 0 (10)
Game 91 - Wednesday Night, July 11th in Flushing
Record - 51-40, Tied for 1st place, 5 1/2 games ahead of the Nationals

One Sentence Summary:  The Phillies and Mets took a 0-0 tie into the 10th inning before Brandon Nimmo hit a three-run, walk-off home run off Mark Leiter, Jr. to end the game.

What It Means:  After a lengthy (and extremely enjoyable) vacation, live posting will return.  In years' past after a hiatus, I've fired off 8 or 9 or 10 game summary posts in a row in an attempt to quickly catch up.  I'm going to take my time this year, with my goal being to be caught up with game summary posts and new Chachi cards by the end of the All-Star break.

In case you didn't know, I have a running 2018 Season Summary page with links to every Phillies game this season that can be found here.

What Happened:  Vince Velasquez was terrific in his return from the DL, allowing just 2 hits in his 6 innings of work.  Jacob deGrom stifled the Phillies offense through 8 innings.

Featured Card:  My wife Jenna stood in line with my youngest son Ben at the recent Phillies Phestival to obtain this autographed card of Velasquez for my collection.

Transaction:  Enyel De Los Santos was sent back down to the IronPigs and Velasquez was activated from the disabled list prior to the game.

No comments: